Sunday, November 7, 2010

Blog 5

Again, I recently realized that football implements another aspect of physics.  When I was on the kickoff team I would run down the field, once the ball was kicked, as fast as I could trying to tackle the ball carrier.  While I was accelerating, my kinetic energy increased until I reached my maximum velocity.  Then, running full speed, I would hit the ball carrier, who also had his own kinetic energy in the opposite direction as my own.  Of course, because of my muscular body, I had a greater mass than the ball carrier and I also had a higher velocity because I had more time to accelerate.  Therefore, my kinectic energy was greater than the ball carrier's kinetic energy.  Because my kinetic energy was greater than the ball carrier' when I tackled him, I stopped him and pounded him to the ground because his kinetic energy could not completely resist my own.

3 comments:

  1. actually this is a great example for next chapter... stay tuned...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice, Mikey. I didn't know you played football (well, now I do).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice, Mikey. I didn't know you had a muscular body (well now I do).

    ReplyDelete